Thursday, April 16, 2009

What you need to know at Walgreens


Walgreens can be a bit confusing at times so I want to walk you through step by step how to get the most bang for your buck!

Walgreens Weekly Ad Coupons - These are found in the front of the store and look like a newspaper. Every Sunday a new one comes out. The items advertised usually have a limit on how many items you can buy per transaction. In order to get that price advertised the coupon has to be scanned. The good news is if the ad says limit 4. You only have to scan the coupon once, if you decide to buy 4. And it will automatically subtract a certain amount to bring your item to the sell price. If, you decide to buy more then the limit advertised you will pay full price. Now the best part you can use any manufacturer coupons with the weekly ad coupon for more savings.


Walgreens Register Rewards (RR) - Are manufacturer coupons that print out after you complete your transaction. They can used like cash on your next purchase. You earn RR by purchasing certain products throughout the store. For example last week Colgate toothpaste was on sale for $3.49, if you purchased it you received a RR for $3.50 (making it free). When you are doing a transaction that earns RR you CAN use coupons as well! I have had a few times that my RR didn't print, but the manager will always resolve it (at least they have for me). Once you have received the RR you can use it on other items that earn RR too. Besides on the same deal you earned it for. Example I couldn't use my RR that I had earned for Colgate toothpaste on more Colgate toothpaste and earn another RR, but I could use it on another deal that earned RR and I would receive it. When using a RR your total bill can not exceed the amount of your RR and if you using coupons you can not have more coupons or RR then items. Example if I had 3 items. I would not be able to use 3 coupons and 1 RR, but I could use 2 coupons and 1 RR.

No comments: