Find some coupons!
Coupons can be acquired from several different sources. I will explain to you a few of the sources that I know of that you can use to start building up your coupon supply.
The Sunday newspaper inserts are your best place to find coupons. Every Sunday you can expect to see 1-4 inserts in your paper. They will range from Proctor and Gamble, General Mills, Red Plum and Smart Source.
- I recommend purchasing 1 newspaper per household member. To see if you would like to purchase additional newspapers you can go to Taylortown Preview Saturday night for a list on what coupons will be in the Sunday newspaper.
- Ask your friends and family for coupons. If, they get the newspaper they’ll probably be happy to give them to you. If, they aren't using them.
- All You magazine sold exclusively at Wal-Mart. The cost is $2.49 and it well worth every penny. I usually buy a couple of these at least.
- Internet Printable Coupons- Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Box Tops for Education, Coupon Bug, Coupons.com, Red Plum, Smart Source. Must of all Internet coupons can be printed twice by simply pressing the back button and then your refresh button.
- eCoupons- Are an internet (or mobile) coupon you can download onto your loyalty cards (Safeway, City Market & King Soopers here in Pueblo). No need to clip any coupons. The two main ones I use are Cellfire and Shortcuts, but you can find others under printable coupons on the right hand side of this page!
- Look for blinkies these are the little red machines located throughout a store that are placed in front of a specific product offering money off of that product.
- Catalinas these are coupons that are printed out by stores after you purchase a certain product.
Peelies these are types of coupon that are stuck onto products.
Double Coupon 101
Let's say you have a $.35 coupon if a store doubles it's worth $.70, but if you have a $.75 coupon it will only be double up to $1.00 and if you have a $1.00 coupon it will just be $1.00.
Here in Colorado we have two major retailers that doubles coupons everyday King Soopers (City Market) and Safeway. Albertsons do double coupons, but you have to watch their ads because it's not all the time!